Sunday, September 2, 2012

Words To Reflect On.


I am mentally still at the place which I visited today late in the evening... I went to a Rehabilitation center where there were several Traumatic victims..! So insecure of the outside world... Fear of standing up again could be seen in their eyes... I happened to notice a woman sitting in the darkest corner of the room... I asked the caretaker as to what went wrong her.. and she told me that she was a victim of Domestic Violence... and I said that this is so wrong on the part of her husband to do such a thing to his own Wife..!! , to which the caretaker replied , "If it was only him,it could have been taken care of.. But what about the Father-in-law and the Sister-in-law ?".. I was shocked and all I could say was.. Why ??!
                                                                 She told me that the girl in the corner has seen the worst side of life... She was constantly tortured for Dowry at her in laws.. Her father passed away many years back.. leaving a petty share of belongings for her mother.. but still she got her married and soon her mother passed away too... and here she is...all alone... on her own... The caretaker could see that I got a little upset hearing all this.. So she gave me a glass of water.. and gathering my thoughts I asked her..,"Why is it that a Woman has to suffer, no matter whose fault it might be..? " To this she explained, " The worst enemy of a Woman is her own mind... It does not let her reason appropriately... All it cares about is the Society.. children..financial strength and reputation... but somewhere it forgets all about humanity.." With this she just smiled and told me to always keep hoping for the best because God is always listening...! I smiled back at her and thanked her and said that I'll come back for a visit soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment