Tuesday, October 19, 2010

THE OLD TAMED SOULS

It was 11 in the morning when I woke up.... Still feeling lazy and wishing I could go back to sleep but that was not an option for me at that time since my mother called me and informed me that there is no-one at home except me and the maid , and adding , she said that she had prepared some maggi ( my favourite) and kept it in a tiffin... I kept the phone down and got up to take my bath... After some time I went downstairs (since my house is double storeyed) and searched for the tiffin box which I found on the dining table... I turned on my PC for some music and started eating maggi... And amidst the musical atmosphere and the maggi my mind wandered off.... Off to the days when I was in school... Where I used to sit on the ground during the recess and eat maggi....(which was not everyday... once in a while my mom used to give us maggi in our lunch boxes )... I went into a trance thinking about the moments I spent in my school... I could see the images from my school...I could see that the small children are so full of energy and enthusiasm... They just want to compete in diminutive games... Not wanting much , than to stand first in some race or any other game...I see the young girls fighting over a friend... I could see a group of girls trying to enter the church but cannot get through the crowd.... These thoughts continued spinning my mind but I was jolted back to reality by my maid as she came to inform me that she had completed her work and was leaving... I plainly nodded and so she left... After some time I grabbed the newspaper from the dining table and came back in the room...  I sat down and again saw the unfinished maggi and recalled my old pals with whom I used to share my lunch box...  We had so much in our minds at that time...Idea's to make name in this world.... We wanted to do so much at that moment... We had a burning desire in ourselves.. , our souls.. to prove ourselves... But now I wonder if that flame that once burnt through us is extinguished ?? ... Today when I meet my friends I cannot see the same spark in them which they once possessed.... They don't  want to do things which make them happy.. Instead they go for that option which others think is best for them and they are simply moving on with it... It's as if the the practicality of their mind has tamed the desire of their inner conscience... their souls... Today I see that the grown up's have a lot of unnecesary , unsolved issues... Why not try and dilute it and stay happy... Why grieve over something that has already been done..?? Life is not too complex... !! I just wish that I could get all my friends again the way they were some years back... No tensions.. Other than a scolding from parents... No regrets... Other than not buying the best pen to write... No aim... other than completing the home-work before going off to sleep... I wish to relive the time when we were as free as a bird with just the sky as the limit.....




 
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment